So, I was sitting on my couch, just updating my Facebook and creating my new personal blog (check it out here), when Maury came on. I usually don’t watch it, in fact, I’ve probably only seen it three times — But this one caught my eye. This episode had more baby-daddy DNA tests than any other, with multiple men refusing babies, and multiple women for each man saying he’s the father. Being a complete name nerd, the names more than anything got my attention. So here are the babies with fleeting fathers:
1. Amber and Ashley are teenaged sisters, 17 and 16, respectively, who claim that their babies are fathered by teenaged brothers (not their brothers), who are 17 and 20, respectively. Amber claims 17-year-old Gabe is the father of her baby girl, Payton (didn’t see spelling, might be Peyton), and Ashley claims 20-year-old Dana is the father of her baby girl, Angel.
Amber and Gabe’s Baby: Payton (G) — Proclaimed father IS the baby’s daddy
Ashley and Dana’s Baby: Angel (G) — Proclaimed father IS the baby’s daddy
2. Shawmikia, Brittany, and Jasmine are three women who each claim that one man, Cory, is the father of each of their children.
Shawmikia and Cory’s Baby: Na’Tae (G) — Proclaimed father IS the baby’s daddy
Brittany and Cory’s Baby: Xzavion (B) — Proclaimed father IS the baby’s daddy
Jasmine and Cory’s Baby: Jeremiah (B) — Proclaimed father IS NOT the baby’s daddy
3. Alicia was Tommy’s girlfriend for several months until Tommy abandoned pregnant Alicia, and he moved on to Brandi, who also got pregnant. Both claim Tommy is the father of their child, but Brandi is convincing Tommy that he is not the father of Alicia’s baby. Brandi’s baby was born only three days before Alicia’s baby.
Alicia and Tommy’s Baby: Bryce (B) — Proclaimed father IS the baby’s daddy
Brandi and Tommy’s Baby: Ryan (B) — Proclaimed father IS NOT the baby’s daddy
4. Jennifer slept with brothers Danny and David within weeks, became pregnant, and is unsure of who is the father. Danny was tested first, and signed the birth certificate, although he did not know whether he was the father at the time. David was tested second, and says he hopes he is not the father.
Jennifer and Danny/David’s Baby: Imani Jolie (G) — Danny IS NOT the father; David IS the father
(This one was heartbreaking… They shows the brothers backstage, and Danny was outwardly crying about not being Imani’s father. He was crushed… It really made me sad.)
5. Haydee was working at a club at a rough time in her life, and in a short amount of time, slept with three different men. She became pregnant, gave birth, and said it was bittersweet, as she was elated at her child’s birth, but sad that she didn’t know who the father was. Early in her pregnancy, she thought Ray was the father. Later on, she thought the third, unnamed man was the father. After her child’s birth, she thought Edwin was the father.
Haydee and Ray/Edwin/Name Withheld’s Baby: Lynn (G) — Name Withheld IS NOT the father; Ray IS NOT the father; Edwin IS NOT the father
(That was an emotional moment! Three guys, not the father… Wow.)
6. Ruth was put into a foster home at three years old. At six, she was diagnosed with both speech problems and a learning disability. At fifteen, she was looking for someone to love her, and she started sleeping with many men. She’s hoping her boyfriend Keith is the father, but two other men, Dustin and Daniel, may also be her baby’s daddy. (There could be as many as five that may be the father of Ruth’s baby.)
Ruth and Keith/Dustin/Daniel’s Baby: Angel (G) — Dustin IS NOT the father; Daniel IS NOT the father; Keith IS NOT the father
(Well, there were 5+ men that could have fathered the kid…)
7. Misty had no idea who the father of her child is, and there are four men who may be the baby’s daddy. All men believe they are not the father; several believe Misty is a whore. Dee and Timboo are brothers.
Misty and Mario/Dee/Timboo/Black’s Baby: Ron (B) — Black IS NOT the father; Mario IS NOT the father; Timboo IS NOT the father; Dee IS NOT the father
(Interesting, considering Misty said earlier there was no chance of anyone else being Ron’s father.)
8. Jolie was so desperate for a child, that she actually slept with her mother’s fiance (Steve). She became pregnant, and worries that if her mother’s fiance is the father, her relationship with her mother will be ruined. Jolie’s ex-boyfriend (Mike) may also be the father.
Jolie and Steve/Mike’s Baby: Brianna (G) — Mike IS NOT the father; Steve IS NOT the father
So, Payton, Angel, Na’Tae, Xzavion, Jeremiah, Bryce, Ryan, Imani, Lynn, Angel, Ron, and Brianna… Prepare to have a tough life!
Is it just me, or is the fact that two female Angels cropped up in this field not surprising? What do you think, guys?